|Number of Episodes||12 |
|Air date||June 22, 2014|
The fourth season on DVD and Blu-ray is scheduled for release June 3rd, 2015 in the United States and Canada.
Questions to be AnsweredEdit
- The new role of the human resistance in the Volm-Espheni war.
- The new relationship between the humans and the Volm: Due to an attack on the planet where their families are located, the Sol System Volm fleet was forced to abandon Earth for the time being. Leaving behind only recon teams, the humans now feel abandoned by the Volm.
- The true nature of Alexis Glass-Mason and Anne Glass.
- The fate of the Skitter rebellion. During the Four Months that the 2nd Mass was separated, the Espheni went on a major offense in seeking out & destroying the Skitter Rebellion. After Tom was brought onboard the Eye in the Sky, the Espheni, Scorch, revealed to Tom that the Black Hornets are Rebel Skitters that have been genetically engineered to mindless drones. Finally defeating the Skitter Rebellion.
- Colonel Weaver's heart condition.
- Noah Wyle as Tom Mason (Season 1-)
- Moon Bloodgood as Anne Glass (Season 1-)
- Drew Roy as Hal Mason (Season 1-)
- Connor Jessup as Ben Mason (Season 1-)
- Maxim Knight as Matt Mason (Season 1-)
- Seychelle Gabriel as Lourdes (Season 1-4)
- Mpho Koaho as Anthony (Season 1-)
- Sarah Carter as Margaret (Season 1-)
- Colin Cunningham as John Pope (Season 1-)
- Doug Jones as Cochise (Season 3-)
- Will Patton as Colonel Daniel Weaver (Season 1-)
- Scarlett Byrne as Alexis "Lexi" Glass-Mason (Season 3-4)
- Brad Kelly as Lyle (Season 2-4)
- Laci J Mailey as Jeanne Weaver (Season 2-4)
- Ryan Robbins as Tector Murphy (Season 2-4)
- Megan Danso as Denny (Season 3-4)
- Robert Sean Leonard as Dr. Roger Kadar (Season 3-4)
- Treva Etienne as Dingaan Botha (Season 4-)
- Desiree Ross as Mira (Season 4)
- Dakota Daulby as Kent Matthews (Season 4)
- Mira Sorvino as Sara (Season 4-)
- John DeSantis as Shaq (Season 4-)
- Christie Burke as Elise (Season 4)
- Jessy Schram as Karen Nadler (Visions)
- Bryce Hodgson as (Season 4)
- Gil Bellows as Nick Phillips (Season 4)
- Aaron Douglas as Cooper Marshall (Season 4)
|31||01||"Ghost in the Machine"||Greg Beeman||David Eick||June 22, 2014||TBC||3.67|
|On the outskirts of Charleston, just steps away from perceived safety, The Mason Clan and the remaining 2nd Mass suddenly find themselves under brutal attack by a new Espheni war machine and a new, deadly creation unlike anything previously encountered. Divided like chattel and spread to the winds, The Masons must each forge new relationships and abilities to survive. Treva Etienne guest-stars.|
|32||02||"The Eye"||Sergio Mimica-Gezzan||Carol Barbee||June 29, 2014||TBC||2.96|
|The Espheni reveal their new plan to Tom, and he is faced with an impossible decision. Meanwhile, Weaver and Pope investigate a way out of the Espheni prison, while Matt struggles to hide his true allegiance from the “Team Leaders” at the Espheni Youth Camp. Elsewhere, Anne leads an exhausting search for her daughter Lexi, while Ben’s concerns about Lexi’s increasing powers uncovers a devastating secret she’s been keeping.|
|33||03||"Exodus"||Mikael Salomon||Josh Pate||July 6,2014||TBC||2.75|
|Tom and the 2nd Mass hatch an elaborate plan to escape the confines of the Espheni Ghetto. Meanwhile back in Chinatown, after learning from Ben that Lexi has been keeping a deadly secret, Maggie confronts Lexi publicly. At the Espheni Youth Camp, Matt tries to talk Mira out of a dangerous escape plan. While trekking through the woods with her guerilla fighters, Anne has a flashback to her time in the Espheni Tower with Karen, where a terrifying secret about Lexi is revealed.|
|34||04||"Evolve or Die"||Bill Eagles||M. Raven Metzner||July 13, 2014||TBC||2.78|
|After breaking out of the Espheni Ghetto, Tom and the 2nd Mass seek refuge in a Volm hideout, where tensions run high between the Volm and humans. Tom sets off with Weaver and Cochise to find Matt, leaving Hal in charge. Meanwhile in Chinatown, Anne is reunited with Lexi, and comes to realize that the little girl she saw 4 months ago is now a grown woman.|
|35||05||"Mind Wars"||Nathaniel Goodman||Bruce Marshall Romans||July 20, 2014||TBC||2.79|
|After freeing Matt from the Espheni Youth Camp, Tom encounters two mysterious strangers in the woods, who attack his family before embarking with him on a violent journey. Hal faces almost insurmountable odds as he tries to lead the remaining Volm and 2nd Mass to a place of perceived safety. Lexi and Anne have a difference of opinions – resulting in dangerous consequences.|
|36||06||"Door Number Three"||Jonathan Frakes||Melissa Glenn||July 27, 2014||TBC||2.65|
|After months apart, Tom finally reunites with his family and the 2nd Mass. But the joyous reunion is cut short as Lexi undergoes a health crisis tied to her hybrid DNA. The crisis pits family members against one another as they fight over how to deal with Lexi’s illness. Anne goes to great lengths to save her daughter.|
|37||07||"Saturday Night Massacre"||Olatunde Osunsanmi||David Weddle & Bradley Thompson||August 3, 2014||TBC||2.73|
|Lexi emerges more powerful and ruthless than ever. Tom and the 2nd Mass must work together with the Volm to hold off the invading Espheni forces in what becomes the bloodiest battle of the series.|
|38||08||"A Thing With Feathers"||David Solomon||Ryan Mottesheard||August 10, 2014||TBC||2.51|
|The 2nd Mass picks up the pieces after a devastating alien attack leaves Maggie fighting for her life…and Hal fighting for Maggie. Meanwhile, Tom and Dingaan are cut off from the rest of the group, buried under tons of rubble, where they must rely on an Enemy Ship to rescue them.|
|39||09||"Til Death Do Us Part"||Greg Beeman||Carol Barbee||August 17, 2014||TBC||2.46|
|While members of the 2nd Mass attempt to dig out a shot-down Beamer, Tom and a small team follow the Volm to a supply cache in search of equipment to expedite the process. Along the way, they encounter a friend, and must decide whether or not to trust her. Back at camp, Maggie and Ben grow closer as he teaches her to hone her new skills, while Pope and Sara continue to clash, resulting in a fight from which they may never recover.|
|40||10||"Drawing Straws"||Adam Kane||Josh Pate||August 24, 2014||TBC||2.56|
|Tom and the remnants of the 2nd Mass learn to pilot a Beamer as part of their plan to destroy the Espheni Power Core, and the group draws straws to see who will embark on the dangerous mission. The threat of death hanging over everyone triggers long-simmering confrontations between many of our main characters, ultimately bringing the 2nd Mass closer together.|
|41||11||"Space Oddity"||Olatunde Osunsanmi||M. Raven Metzner||August 31, 2014||TBC||2.39|
|Tom’s mission to destroy the Espheni Power Core is complicated by Lexi’s return. Lexi is forced to take extreme measures to save her father’s life – and her own – after a Beamer malfunction. Meanwhile, the 2nd Mass fears an impending Espheni strike by Scorch.|
|42||12||"Shoot the Moon"||Greg Beeman||David Eick||August 31, 2014||TBC||2.43|
|With the weight of humanity’s survival on Tom and Lexi’s shoulders, they must defeat Tom’s mortal enemy and find a way to destroy the omnipotent Espheni Power Core. Meanwhile, a new, terrifying Espheni Bomb is dropped onto Chinatown, immobilizing the 2nd Mass and preparing them for Human Skitterizaton.|
On May 10th, 2014 TNT released a fake promo for an Espheni-brainwashing camp known as "Camp Espheni". While the camp seems normal at first it slowly gets more clear as to what the video is about. It claims that Earth was broken under human rule. Subliminal messages for surrender appear, children happily saying they're going to turn their families in. Another promo was released on May 22nd, 2014. It featured a Falling Skies side-scrolling game where the player can choose from Tom, Pope, Weaver or Maggie. Each level representing a season. The player selects Tom, the first level Tom approaches Pope and begins to tell him about a battle fought 300 years before, but Pope interrupts him saying he doesn't care and he wants to kill some fishheads. Tom and Pope continue on and kill multiple Skitters. In level 2 Tom is on a Mothership and kills several Crawlies when he is approached by Karen and an Espheni telling him to surrender or die, Tom pretends to surrender and defeats the Espheni with a Skitter electrostaff. In level 3 Tom, Weaver, and Cochise use the Volm Cannon to destroy the Mothership in Boston. Cochise volunteers himself saying Tom should think of his children. Hal, Ben, and Matt are shown cheering, but Weaver says they're soldiers now, which causes them to stop cheering. Tom, Cochise and Weaver proceed to destroy the grid and celebrate, the game ends.
Falling Skies was renewed for a fourth season.
The season consists of twelve episodes instead of the usual ten.
It was reported that Academy Award winning actress Mira Sorvino will appear in a recurring role as a character named Sara. Sara is described as, "a woman far removed from her former life as a graphic designer who is now dogged by death at every turn, yet she has never felt more alive, free or fearless. A chance encounter with guerrilla fighter John Pope (Colin Cunningham) leads her to join the resistance and develop a strong personal bond with the outlaw-turned-warrior.
- This is the only season to have more than 10 episodes.
- This is the first season to have more than one recurring Espheni character.
- Last season to be directed by Greg Beeman.
- ↑ Falling Skies Season 4: TNT Expands Episode Order
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/fallingskies
- ↑ http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Falling-Skies-Season-4/20795
- ↑ Official Falling Skies Facebook page
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/07/02/falling-skies-renewed-for-fourth-season-by-tnt/190173/
- ↑ http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/10/21/mira-sorvino-joins-the-cast-of-tnts-falling-skies
- ↑ http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/falling_skies_season_4_casts_harry_potter_alum_scarlett_byrne_for_a_mysterious_role-2013-10